Transition to a Knowledge-based Economy: Analysis and Appraisal
N. I. Komkov, S. Yu. Eroshkin, and M. V. Kravchenko
Three distinct approaches to the estimation of the level and dynamics of transition to a new type of economy are discussed; the first is based on a set of factors and their indicators, the second assesses the proximity of a strategy to the innovation strategy of economic development; and the third depends on simulation using the mathematical apparatus of signal graphs. The authors' findings and estimates revealed a weakly positive dynamics of transition from a resource-exporting economy to an innovative one and the possible transition period15 to 25 years.
- N. I. Ivanova, National Innovation Systems (Nauka, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].
- Innovation Economy (Nauka, Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].
- N. I. Komkov, “The Role of Innovations and Technology in the Development of the Economy and Society,” Probl. Prognozir. 14 (3) (2003)
[Stud. Russ. Econ. Dev. 14 (3) (2003)].
- N. I. Komkov, “Technological Forecasting and the Russian Economic Growth,” Vestn. Ross. Akad. Nauk, No. 11 (2004).
- N. I. Komkov and S. L. Gavrilov, “Scientific and Technological Development: Forming and Assessing the Potential of Management Strategies,” Probl. Prognozir. 12 (5) (2001)
[Stud. Russ. Econ. Dev. 12 (5) (2001)].
- N. I. Komkov, S. L. Gavrilov, and O. A. Neshkov, “The Potential for Transition to the Innovation Development of the Russian Economy: An Analysis,” in Trans. IEF, RAS (MAKS-Press, Moscow, 2004).
- N. Ya. Petrakov, “Transformation of Property Relations in Russia's Transition Economy: An Analysis,” Kontseptsii 14 (2) (2004).
- The Global Competitions Report 20022003. World Economic Forum (Oxford Univ. Press, Geneva, 2003).
- OECD, Science, Technology and Industry Scoreboard 2001Towards a Knowledge-Based Economy,
- V. L. Makarov, A. B. Varshavskii, and A. N. Kozyrev, “Knowledge-Based Economy: Lessons for Russia,” Kontseptsii 11 (1) (2003).
- Russian Science in Figures: Statistical Abstracts 19992004 (TsISN, Moscow, 1999) [in Russian].
- L. Thurow, Creating Wealth: The New Rules for Individuals, Companies, and Countries in a Knowledge-Based Economy (Harper Collins, N.Y., 1999).
- Russian Statistical Yearbook 19992004 (Roskomstat, Moscow, 1999) [in Russian].
- Report on the Russian EconomyFebruary 2004, World Bank, Russian Insurance Department, http://www.worldbank.org.ru.
- D. Lyu, E. A. Mikrin, and I. V. Chernov, Models and Scenarios. The Internet in Russia (Nauka, Moscow, 2003) [in Russian].
- F. S. Roberts, Discrete Mathematical Models and Their Application of Social and Economic Problems (Nauka, Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].
- N. I. Komkov, Management-by-Objectives Models (Nauka, Moscow, 1981) [in Russian].